HOW TO ENTER
Clubs can enter online via each States website or call each respective State branch for more info.
Entries open on July 18 2016.
State entries to the nudie Australian Boardriders Battle close 1 week prior to each State scheduled event. The entry fee will be $350 incl’ GST per club, payable to the State Branch.
Nominated team lists are to be sent to the State Branch a minimum of 2 days prior to each State qualifying event.
All competing clubs must be current and affiliated members of their Surfing Australia Member State Branch.
Only one competing Squad can be nominated per club.
Each club Squad will consist of 1 Junior (male or female), 4 Opens (3 males & 1 female) and 1 Over 35 (male or female).
Each club must have a designated competing club captain, and a non-competing designated coach and or manager.
1 reserve per Open, Junior, Female and Master (over 35) will be allowed.
CLUB COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY
Club competitors must be current and financial members of their respective club for the 2016 and 2017 surfing seasons. A surfer can only compete for one club in Regional and National battles.
Club competitors must be holders of an Australian passport, Australian birth certificate or hold current Australian citizenship documents.
Proof of all of the above will be on the onus of every competitor and can be requested by the Technical Committee/Director at any time prior, during, or after the specified event.
AGE GROUPS ARE DEFINED AND DETERMINED BY
Juniors cannot be, or turn 18 in the event series window (Sept 3rd 2016 to Feb 20th 2017).
Masters must be 35 and over at the beginning of the event series window (Sept 3rd 2016).
STATE BATTLE SEEDING
State events will be seeded as per previous State Australian Boardriders Battle events in 2015/16. If there are no possible seeding arrangements available, this will be seeded by a random draw or at the discretion of the State Branch.
NATIONAL BATTLE SEEDING
The 2016/17 National Battle seeding will be based on the results from the 2016 final.
The highest placed club from each state will determine the state seeding order.
The selected wildcard clubs will be given the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th seeds. The 24th seed will be the National Final home beach club. The National Final home beach club will be determined by a trials event the day prior to the National Final.
WILDCARD APPLICATION & CRITERIA FOR THE NATIONAL FINAL
The five National Final Wildcard Boardriders Club positions will be determined by the Surfing Australia selection panel on application. The wildcard applications must be made prior to the Friday 3rd February 2017.
Application forms can be filled out and returned to Surfing Australia PO Box 928
Coolangatta QLD 4225 or by email email@example.com
Each club application will be reviewed under the following guidelines and results:
1) Club results in the 2014/15/16 ABB series
2) Club results in any other State or National interclub events in 2014/15/16.
3) Individual club surfer/athlete results for 2015/16:
WSL World Tour results
WSL Star/Qualifying Tour results
ISA World Championship event results
Surfing Australia National Title results
Please note: The surfers/athletes that are documented as part of the clubs Wildcard application must be competing for the club in the nudie Australian Boardriders Battle National Final. Failure to fulfil these Wildcard obligations can result in your wildcard being revoked at the 2017 National Final.
The five successful wildcard clubs will be notified by Monday 6th February, 2017. Decisions made by the selection panel for the invited wildcard positions for the 2017 nudie Australian Boardriders National Final are final, there is no right of appeal.
The selected wildcard clubs will be given the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd seeds into the National Final. The 24th seed will be the National Final home beach club. The National Final home beach club will be determined by a trials event the day prior to the National Final.
Wildcard application forms are included in the back of the manual
CODE OF CONDUCT
Surfing Australia and all of our partners want to encourage all of the Boardriders Clubs to compete in a professional manner, and we require your support in providing an alcohol and smoke free environment at the State and National events.
– No alcohol is to be brought into the event area of any State event or the National Final
– No alcohol branding on any club items is allowed to be brought into event area such as tents, towels, t-shirts, eskies or hats etc.
– All areas of the event sites are alcohol and smoke-free
– No alcohol at presentation ceremonies
– Do not hand winners any alcoholic drinks in celebrations
– No references to alcohol during any acceptance speeches
– Any breaches of the above will result in the disqualification of the surfer and or club
SURFER CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
In addition to Surfing Australia’s General Code of Behaviour, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any nudie Australian Boardriders Battle State or National events.
– Respect the rights, dignity and worth of fellow players, coaches, officials and spectators
– Do not tolerate acts of aggression
– Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow players and competitors
– Care for and respect the equipment provided to you as part of your program
– Be frank and honest with your coach concerning illness and injury and your ability to train fully within the program requirements
– Conduct yourself in a professional manner relating to language, temper and punctuality
– Maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times
– Abide by the rules and respect the decision of the official, making all appeals through the formal process and respecting the final decision
– Be honest in your attitude and preparation to training. Work equally hard for yourself and your team
– Cooperate with coaches and staff in development of programs to adequately prepare you for competition at the highest level
The nudie Australian Boardriders Battle is the biggest grassroots boardriders event in Australian surfing history. It will involve more than 100 of Australia’s best boardriders clubs in eight State qualifying rounds and will culminate in a two day National Final for 24 clubs on February 18-19, 2017 at a location TBC. The series is officially sanctioned by the World Surf League (WSL) which allows Australian WSL World Tour surfers (Men & Women) the opportunity to represent their local boardriders club at respective State qualifying events and the National Final.